Five priorities for the 87th Legislative Session, focused on job creation and driving economic recovery. Priorities for Prosperity is a set of common-sense policies that will support businesses and strengthen our economy. TAB’s top five legislative priorities are:
- Provide economic protections for employers: TAB supports approaches that will allow businesses to reopen safely and without fear or risk of undue litigation.
- Maintain commitment to public education, workforce skills, economic development, and education for growth: A strong focus must remain on strengthening the Texas workforce through education and protecting existing economic development incentive programs, particularly Chapter 313.
- Protect the rights and even the playing field for Texas’ job creators: Protect the rights of employers to operate businesses in the most effective manner possible in alignment with company and free market principles.
- Provide a digital landscape, access to technology to drive prosperity and growth: A commitment to developing a state Broadband Plan that is aligned with free market principles and provides for reliable, high-speed access for all Texans. Further, TAB supports utilizing market-driven policies regarding data privacy rather than a “patchwork-quilt” network of state laws.
- Keep Texas moving: Transportation infrastructure will be important in facilitating economic recovery as well as a critical link to spurring job creation and job growth as Texas aspires to remain competitive in the global marketplace. TAB calls for the restoration of public-private authority for major transportation projects through the utilization of the Texas Comprehensive Development Agreement authority which expired in 2017.
Click for more