Dear Angelina Arts Supporter,
We have some exciting news to share! In June, we completed a one-year strategic planning process and formally adopted a five-year strategy to advance the arts and make a greater impact on our community through the arts.
This five-year plan is based on a 20-year history of success and is a result of countless patron and stakeholder surveys, in-person community forums, and face-to-face interviews. This plan represents the voices and the needs of the community. We listened and we are taking action. We are deeply grateful to all the participants who took surveys, showed up and shared their thoughts.
Our five-year strategic plan includes a revised mission statement to be inclusive of all the arts (not just performing arts), a new vision statement where we seek to be a catalyst for advancing the arts and that Lufkin is a cultural beacon in East Texas.
Mission: To enrich, entertain and educate by presenting and promoting the arts in East Texas.
Vision: For Lufkin to be a cultural beacon in East Texas as a destination for the enjoyment of the arts as well as a catalyst for advancing the arts.
We also established a set of core values which are:
• Leveraging the arts to not only lift up our community, but also as a powerful tool for economic and community development
• Encouraging the creation, appreciation, & understanding of the arts
• Bringing people together for powerful shared experiences that inspire a creative exchange of ideas
• Creating dynamic learning experiences for all ages
• Championing a robust arts ecosystem that supports the broadest range of art forms and recognizes the value of inclusivity, diversity, and equity
In the coming weeks, we will make announcements concerning changes to our 2020-2021 Season. These changes are not within our control and are a result of the ongoing impact of Covid-19 on the touring arts/entertainment industry. As always, we will work with patrons and supporters with various options, including the ability to make a tax-deductible donation to ensure we are able to continue to bring outstanding events to Angelina County.
We are committed to ensuring that the arts stay alive during this challenging time.
We are blessed to live and work in Lufkin and we look forward to welcoming our audiences back again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Jennifer Allen, Executive Director