The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) recently released a publication with safety tips for social distancing at work. Safety measures that employers can implement include:
- Isolate any worker who begins to exhibit symptoms until they can either go home or leave to seek medical care
- Establish flexible worksites (e.g., telecommuting) and flexible work hours (e.g., staggered shifts), if feasible
- Stagger breaks and re-arrange seating in common break areas to maintain physical distance between workers
- In workplaces where customers are present, mark six-foot distances with floor tape in areas where lines form, use drive-through windows or curbside pickup, and limit the number of customers allowed at one time
- Move or reposition workstations to create more distance, and install plexiglass partitions
- Encourage workers to bring any safety and health concerns to the employer’s attention.
Previous OSHA publications and industry-specific guidance related to COVID-19 can be viewed at www.osha.gov/coronavirus.
This information shared by Texas Association of Business