Goal 1: Work with key stakeholders to reach a common understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing Nacogdoches, a commitment to addressing these issues as a group and specified objectives for each group as to how they will contribute to the shared vision of the future.
- Chamber initiates discussions of shared strategic planning and coordination with stake holders
- Chamber promotes shared strategic planning with stakeholders with areas of responsibility and regular meeting updates
- Chamber takes the lead in facilitating better communication between stakeholder groups and better awareness of individual initiatives, programs and events within the Nacogdoches community
Goal 2: Ensure the viability and success of the Nacogdoches County Chamber of Commerce
- Move toward become a 5-star accredited chamber
- Increase net number of chamber members
- Look for opportunities to blend initiatives to make them easier to manage and to increase synergies between programs
- Use chairman’s circle to build and strengthen relationships
- Increase commitment of chamber directors
Goal 3: Improve the business environment in Nacogdoches
- Help business grow to expand the availability of high paying jobs through programs such as “Shop Nacogdoches First.”
- Promote success of I-69 as a means of connecting Nacogdoches to major metropolitan area.
Goal 4: Assist SFA in attracting and retaining students as a means of growing enrollment at the university.
- Use the “Paint the Town Purple” initiative to demonstrate Nacogdoches commitment to SFA students in a way that is visible to current and future students and their families
- Promote transformative experiences for SFA students through student work off-campus and through internships, service learning and other practical experiences
Goal 5: Impact the “livability” of Nacogdoches
- Increase partnership with NISD that can improve our local school system.
- Partner with the new Fredonia Hotel to promote their success.