"HONORING THOSE WHO SERVED”
Veterans Day is November 11, 2011, and as a way to honor our Veterans and Active Duty Military men and women of Nacogdoches County, multiple events have been scheduled for the week of November 6th - November 12th, including:
· Poster Contest for School Children
· Essay and Poetry Contests
· Residential Patriotic Decorating Contest
· Collection boxes for Christmas Care Packages for Active Duty Military
· Visits by singing groups, classes, and families to Veterans in Nursing Homes and Assisted Living Facilities
· Multi-troop Flag Retirement Ceremony
· Free golf for Veterans and Active Duty Military at Woodland Hills Golf Club on November 11, 2011
· Veterans Appreciation Program – November 11, 2011; 6:30 p.m. at Hotel Fredonia
· Parade – November 12, 2011; followed by lunch for Veterans and Active Duty Military at Hotel Fredonia
Several businesses and individuals have generously offered to help, but there are several things we still need assistance with. Working together, much can be done to make this year’s Veterans Day Events something that will fittingly honor those who have given, and still give, so much. Here are some ways you can be a part of this project:
· Please share with us the names and contact information for Veterans or Active Duty individuals in your employ or those that you may be aware of. (We want to include and honor everyone.)
· Encourage your employees to dress in red/white/blue attire on Veterans Day 11-11-2011.
· Display your American flags during the week of November 6th – November 12th.
· Allow a collection box to be placed in your place of business during the two weeks preceding Veterans day. (for care package items for the military)
· Allow a singing group to share patriotic songs in your place of business during the week of November 6th – November 11th.
· Attend the Veterans Appreciation Program on November 11th (see above).
· Attend the parade.
· Have your business represented with a parade entry.
· Contact the number below to have your tattered or faded flags picked up to be retired according to flag code.
· Let us know if your business sells flags or other patriotic items.
· Donate money, gift certificates, or other items for prizes for the various contests.
· Donate to help with the postage expense to mail Military Care Packages.
· OR TELL US IF THERE IS ANOTHER WAY YOU WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE WITH US.
Please let us know how you wish to help by contacting:
“Honoring Those Who Served”
(936) 569-6625; (936) 554-3641