The Nacogdoches Recycles Committee, in partnership with Keep Nacogdoches Beautiful continues to make headway on future plans for recycling in Nacogdoches. “We cannot stress the importance of recycling to our citizens enough,” said Shelley Brophy, Councilwoman, adding “participation in our current available programs will lead to the future development of greater resources in terms of options available for recycling.” The Nacogdoches Recycles Committee, made up of concerned citizens, was formed after the suspension of the Blue Bag Recycling program in 2009. Nacogdoches Recycles has been working on educating citizens on the importance of recycling and increasing the volume of recyclables in Nacogdoches.
Recycling is Easy in Nacogdoches:
· Paper and cardboard can be taken to recycling bins located behind the CL Simon Recreation Center
· Clean aluminum cans can be donated to the Animal Shelter or the Senior Center to help raise funds for their programs
· The Staples store will help you recycle household batteries and ink cartridges
· You can take plastic grocery bags back to the store to be recycled. Look for the bins or ask a customer service representative.
· Glass, metals, and building materials can be taken to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore to be reused for a good cause.
For details on recycling and information on other resources in Nacogdoches visit http://www.keepnacbeautiful.org/landfillrecycling.