Pictured above from left are 2019 ag award recipients Bobby Hobson, Andy Lollar with Norbord, Anita Scott, Cotton George, Juston Bass and Mike Rawson.
Click to view more event photos in Facebook
Click to view more event photos in Shutterfly
(Photos by Trecia Johnson)
The Nacogdoches County Chamber of Commerce 18th annual Agriculture Appreciation and Awareness Banquet presented by TFP Nutrition was held April 15 at the Nacogdoches County Exposition and Civic Center. The event was co-chaired by Angela Shannon, Texas Farm Credit, and Steele Wright, TFP Nutrition.
The 2019 award recipients honored at the banquet are:
- Farm Family of the Year: Bobby Hobson Family (Sponsor: Tipton Ford Lincoln)
- The Pete Smith Agriculture Pioneer: Mike Rawson (Sponsor: Heritage Land Bank)
- Agribusiness of the Year: Norbord Texas Nacogdoches, Inc. (Sponsor: Southside Bank)
- Ag Educator of the Year: Cotton George (Sponsor: Citizens 1st Bank)
- Young Farmer of the Year: Juston Bass (Sponsor: Austin Bank and Pilgrim’s Corporation)
- Tallest Pine: Anita Scott (Sponsor: Texas Farm Credit)
Gary and Sue Atkins Agricultural Scholarship Awards will be presented to Nacogdoches County students at the banquet. Scholarship recipients include Anna Cunningham, Jade Wheeler and Carly Wright, Central Heights High School; Jake Hill, Regents Academy; Matthew Lowery, Douglass High School; and Luke Spivey, Garrison High School.
To produce the Agriculture Appreciation and Awareness Banquet, the Nacogdoches County Chamber partners with the Nacogdoches Economic Development Corp., Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service, Pineywoods Resource Conservation and Development, The Texas Department of Agriculture, Stephen F. Austin State University, and Texas Forest Service.