NACOGDOCHES —Friday night spent under stadium lights, dining on concession stand fare, and cheering for the home team has all the pieces for a great evening. That is until the fan in the next seat nearly deafens you with his air horn or begins spewing foul language at an official.
A few simple guidelines and adhering to the Dragon rules of conduct — Because Nice Matters — will help Nacogdoches ISD give its football fans and other athletic spectators the safest and most enjoyable time possible — while keeping their hearing in tact.
The district asks its fans to please adhere to the following rules:
· Students in elementary school WILL NOT BE ADMITTED to high school athletic events without adult supervision (18 years and older).
· Elementary Students are to remain with their parents/guardians at all times including trips to the restroom and concession stand.
· Items such as Frisbees, balls, noise makers including whistles, air, train or automotive horns, etc. are not allowed.
· Running, tackling, and other horseplay is not allowed as it causes a safety hazard to those in attendance.
· Spectators will not be allowed to leave the stadium and return without purchasing another ticket.
· The Nacogdoches ISD policy of a tobacco-free environment will be enforced on all school property.
· Students are expected to be picked up no later than 30 minutes after the end of the event. Failure to pick up students within this time frame may result in being restricted from attending future events.
SPECTATOR RULES OF CONDUCT
Enthusiasm by Dragon spectators is welcomed. However, fans must also remember to follow the Rules of Conduct outlined in the University Interscholastic League’s Constitution and Contest Rules and that are expected in the Dragon mindset that being nice does matter.
1. No insults or personal comments of any kind are to be directed toward game officials, referees, or workers;
2. Inappropriate language or profanity will not be tolerated and will result in immediate ejection from the game;
3. Taunting or ridiculing of a team or team members is not allowed
Spectators may not enter the court/field of play during a game.