Belk invites schools and other nonprofit organizations in the company's 16-state market area to participate in its semi-annual Belk Charity Sale, Saturday, April 27, from 6 - 10 a.m. The four-hour, in-store shopping event offers an excellent fundraising tool for participating organizations and an opportunity for customers to support local charities while taking advantage of special discounts on purchases during the event.
Belk Charity Sale tickets are available now to participating nonprofit organizations for sale in advance of the event. One hundred percent of the proceeds from each $5 ticket sold will be retained by the local charity. There is no limit to the number of tickets charities can sell, or to the amount of money they can raise. Belk will provide tickets and informational materials at no cost to each participating organization.
Beginning Friday, April 19, tickets may also be purchased at Belk stores with all revenues from in-store ticket sales equally divided among participating charities and schools in each local store. In 2012 Belk’s Charity Sale raised more than $10 million for thousands of participating charitable organizations throughout the South.
On the morning of the Belk Charity Sale, the first 100 customers to arrive at each store will receive a Belk gift card ranging in value from $5 to $100, and a chance to win one of three $1,000 Belk gift cards being awarded company-wide. Also, participating charities and schools will be registered to win one of three $1,000 donations from Belk in a company-wide drawing.
Charity representatives interested in taking part in this one-of-a-kind fundraising event should contact their local Belk store manager for more information. In order to participate in the Belk Charity Sale, organizations must have an IRS Section 501(c)(3) designation from the Internal Revenue Service.
About Belk, Inc.
Charlotte, N.C.-based Belk, Inc. (belk.com) is the nation’s largest family owned and operated department store company with 301 Belk stores located in 16 Southern states. Founded in 1888 by William Henry Belk in