January 10, 2013 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
District Contact: Rayanne Schmid, communications coordinator
936-569-5000, ext. 8845 (office) or 936-585-1518 (Cell)
Final meeting set in middle school standardized dress discussion
NACOGDOCHES — Parents and the community have one last opportunity to discuss implementing standardized dress for next years’ Nacogdoches ISD sixth through eighth graders.
McMichael Middle School hosts the final meeting at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 15.
An online survey concerning standardized dress ends Friday, Jan. 11. A link for the survey is available on the NISD district, elementary and middle school Web sites. Visit NacISD.org for more information.
Survey questions include:
1. Please indicate your role: Parent, Teacher or Both
2. What grade will your middle school child be in during the 2013-2014 school year? 6, 7 or 8
3. Do you currently have an elementary student wearing standardized dress? Yes or No
4. Would you be interested in meeting to hear discussion about standardized dress? Yes or No
5. Would you support standardized dress at the middle schools? Yes or No
Data from the meetings and survey will be compiled and presented to the NISD School Board during its January meeting.
August 2012 launched standardized dress for pre-kindergarteners through fifth graders.
Highlights of the elementary schools’ dress code include:
• Must be a short or long sleeved polo style knit with collar
• Any solid color polo style allowed
• No logo on shirt
• Shirts do not have to be tucked in
• Must be solid color khaki, navy or black (twill like material)
• “sagging” is not allowed
• All shoes must be closed toe and closed heel
• Any color tennis shoes (laced or velcro) are allowed
• No heelies or crocs style shoes allowed.