FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE For More Information Contact:
November 12, 2012 Sarah O’Brien 936-559-2573
Celebrate America Recycles Day in Nacogdoches
NACOGDOCHES- America Recycles Day (ARD) is the only nationally recognized day dedicated to encouraging Americans to recycle and buy recycled products. ARD is celebrated on November 15th; however the City of Nacogdoches would like to encourage everyone to participate all week long. Since 1997, communities across the country have come together on November 15 to celebrate America Recycles Day. More than a celebration, America Recycles Day is the only nationally recognized day dedicated to the promotion of recycling in the United States. The City of Nacogdoches would like for citizens to use this week to help educate and motivate each other about the importance of recycling and the various options available to do so here. National Recycling Day is a great opportunity to take part in the various recycling options available in Nacogdoches.
Take part in America Recycles Day this week by taking your recyclable materials to any of these locations:
· Paper, plastic and cardboard can be taken to recycling bins located behind the CL Simon Recreation Center
· Clean aluminum cans can be donated to the Animal Shelter of the Senior Center to help raise funds for their programs
· The Staples store will help you recycle household batteries and ink cartridges
· You can take plastic grocery bags back to the store to be recycled. Look for the bins or ask a customer service representative.
· Glass, metals, and building materials can be taken to the Habitat for Humanity Restore to be reused for a good cause.
· On Thursday, November 15th, Keep Nacogdoches Beautiful will be hosting an E-Cycle event behind the Recreation Center/Nacogdoches Public Library, 1112 North Street. This newly established e-cycle drop off
location is open every Thursday, 9 a.m. to noon and on the second Saturday of the month, 9 a.m. to noon. All electronics, except televisions will be accepted. This permanent drop off location will help residents lessen the burden on the landfill by allowing electronics to be recycled.
Since the City of Nacogdoches satellite drop site for paper, plastic and cardboard was established at the Nacogdoches Recreation Center over 275,490 lbs of cardboard and 312,600 lbs of paper and 42,520 lbs of plastic have been recycled.
For details on recycling and information on other resources in Nacogdoches visit http://www.keepnacbeautiful.org/landfillrecycling. For more information on America Recycles Day please visit http://americarecyclesday.org/.